Access to the ZB Library’s extensive collections and resources is open using Enterprise, a digital catalog offering a full inventory of what the library has available and connects you to the collections of more than two dozen public libraries in northern Illinois.
Creating a personal account powers up the Enterprise experience. With an account, you can make holds, request interlibrary loans and compile personal lists to organize items of interest. It also provides:
- links to the ZB Library’s online resources, including its online academic tutoring service; ebook, videorecording and audiobook collections; program and event schedule; and other resources;
- links to your personal account at the library, including information on your checkouts, renewals, holds and reading lists;
- listings of recent activities and lists posted, recently rated books, new additions to the collections, award-winners and bestsellers.
For most of these tasks, you register a personal account in Enterprise through the ZB Library. Here is a pathfinder to access your account:
- Go to http://zblibrary.org
- Select “My ZB Library” brings you to the Enterprise home page
- Select “My Account” to log in. If you are a first-time user, enter your library card number and default password, which is patron
- First-time users will verify some personal information and create a username
- Enter your email address, which is used to recover your password and receive notifications about due dates, overdue notices and to notify you when reserved items are ready to be checked out
- Accept the posted terms and conditions
To start the optional notification service, access your “My ZB Library” account, select “email notification.”
While Enterprise is the direct online portal to the ZB Library’s collections, cardholders have access to a collection of additional library apps at the website. Enterprise delivers power with simple searches and makes you master of a universe of information and knowledge.