What’s more fun than reading a book? Talking about it!
Forever Young Adult Book Club
If you enjoy Young Adult (YA) books, but you’re a little less Y and a bit more A, this is the group for you! Please visit our calendar for current meeting information. Titles are available for checkout at the Adult Services desk.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman: Sparks fly when American good girl Allyson encounters laid-back Dutch actor Willem, so she follows him on a whirlwind trip to Paris, upending her life in just one day and prompting a year of self-discovery and the search for true love. Click here to place a hold.
Thursday, 2/12 | 7-8:30 PM | Adults & High School Teens | Applebee’s | Registration is requested.
Enjoy a taste of the classics in this savory book discussion. Please visit our calendar for meeting locations. Titles are available for checkout at the Adult Services desk.
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky (Part 2): The stirring tale of four brothers: the pleasure-seeking, impatient Dmitri; the brilliant and morose Ivan; the gentle, loving, and honest Alyosha; and the illegitimate Smerdyakov; shy, silent and cruel. The four unite in the murder of one of literature’s most despicable characters — their father. Click here to place a hold.
Tuesday, 2/17 | 7-8:30 PM | Adults & High School Teens | Stone Creek Grill | Registration is requested.
The Next Page
Books are best when shared! We’ll read some bestsellers and discover what’s on the next page. Titles are available for checkout at the Adult Services desk. Visit our calendar for meeting details.
- Perdita by Hilary Scharper: Garth Hellyer of the Longevity Project doesn’t believe Marged was a girl coming of age in the 1890s, but reading her diaries in the same wild and unpredictable location where she wrote them might be enough to cast doubt on his common sense. Everyone knows about death. It’s life that’s much more mysterious….
Wednesday, 2/4 | 1-2 PM | Adults & High School Teens | ZB Library | Registration is requested.
Saturday, 2/7 | 10-11 AM | Adults & High School Teens | El Lago Mexican Restaurant | Registration is requested.
For ZB Teens
Join us for discussions, blogging, free snacks and sodas. Visit us on Facebook to learn how you can get a free book!
- She Is Not Invisible by Marcus Sedgwick: A London teenager who is blind teams up with her younger brother and travels to New York to find their missing father, using clues from his notebook. Click here to place a hold.
Thursday, 2/12 | 6-7 PM | Grades 6-7 | Culver’s of Zion | Registration is requested.
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray: When eighteen-year-old Marguerite Caine’s father is killed, she must leap into different dimensions and versions of herself to catch her father’s killer and avenge his murder. Click here to place a hold.
Thursday, 2/12 | 6-7 PM | Grades 8-12 | Culver’s of Zion | Registration is requested.
Guys–discover new and interesting reads, share awesome things you’re reading, play video games, and enjoy snacks. Drop in!
Tuesday, 2/3 | 4:30-5:30 PM | Grades K-8 | Click here for details.
- Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah! Click here for details.
Tuesday, 1/27 | 3:30-4:30 PM | Grades K-8
- The Three Snow Bears. Click for details.
Tuesday, 2/24 | 3:30-4:30 PM | Grades K-8
- Hans Christian Andersen and Fairy Tales. Click here for details.
Tuesday, 3/31 | 3:30-4:30 PM | Grades K-8
In order to earn prizes for reading, check out the reading challenges page!