The system will allow you to enter your library card number at the computer you want to use or reserve a computer for later in the day. The system will allow you to log on ONLY if your library card is valid. To qualify, you must:
- Be registered in our database.
- Have no overdue items on your card.
- Have no unpaid fines on your card.
- Keep your address and phone number current in our database.
You can check on the status of your card, pay any fines or fees, and update your address at the circulation desk.
Follow the on-screen prompts to print, then go to the pickup station to pay for and retrieve your printouts. Black-and-white prints cost 15¢ per page/side. Color prints cost 25¢ per page/side. For your convenience there are pickup stations in both Adult Services and Youth Services.
Computers are available in both departments. Use it limited to ONE person per computer; however, responsible adults working together or with a child may share a computer. Due to safety concerns, only children under age 15 may register for a youth computer.
There are three Express workstations in the lobby that anyone may use. There is a 20-minute time limit on the Express stations and each guest may use only one session per day. Express stations are not to be used in addition to the two one-hour sessions that each user is allowed.
Guest passes will be issued to guests (defined as persons living outside of Lake County Illinois who do not have an Illinois Public Library Card). Guest passes are good for 7 days. To qualify for a Guest pass, you must live outside of Lake County, IL and present current photo ID that shows where you reside. Guest passes are issued at the Circulation Desk.
RESERVE A COMPUTER
Go to the PC Reservation Station. Click on Next Available PC.
Enter your library card number.
Enter your last name.
Click on Next.
Select the kind of PC that you would like to use.
Click on Submit. (Reservation Information will be displayed.)
Click on Accept Reservation. (A receipt will be printed.)
Take the receipt.
- Note the Reservation Number, the PC to which you have been assigned, and the Time when your session will start. To start your session, at the correct time, you will have to go to the correct PC and enter your reservation number.
USE A COMPUTER
- Go to an available computer.
- Click on Available.
- Enter your library card number or guest pass number.
- Enter your last name (not necessary for guests).
- Click on Use this Computer.
- Read the Internet Access policy.
- Click on Accept. (If you click on Decline, you will not be able to use the Internet but you may still use Office programs.)
- Double click on the icon for the program that you want to use.
- When you are finished, click on Done, then click on End Now. (The computer will restart.)
- Ending your session ensures privacy. If not ended properly, others may be able to view and use your information.
- If you need to leave your computer, we recommend that you lock it.
If the kind of computer that you want to use is not available, you can make a reservation at the PC Reservation Station, located in Adult Services. At the PC Reservation Station, you can also make a reservation to use a computer later in the day.
CHECK OUT A LAPTOP
Laptop users must be 16 years of age or older and have a valid library card registered in our database. By checking out a laptop, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are responsible for the equipment. If it is lost, stolen or damaged, you must pay to replace it.
- You must keep the laptop with you at all times. If you need to use the restroom or go outside, bring it to the Circulation desk.
- Only you may use the laptop. You may not lend it to anyone. You may not check it out for anyone else to use.
- You must return the laptop to the Circulation desk a half-hour before the library closes.
- You will abide by all of the library’s policies, including the Internet Access and Behavior policies.
If you violate these terms, you will not be allowed to use a library laptop for up to 1 year.
Theft or attempted theft will result in an immediate suspension from the library and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
Note that the library is not responsible for information lost due to
equipment or other malfunctions. The laptop will reset to a preset configuration upon reboot or shut down. Anything you wish to keep must be saved to a flash drive.
From your PC:
Click on Print. (Print Preview will be displayed.)
Click on Print again.
Select the printer: Adult black-and-white, Adult color, Youth black-and-white, or Youth color.
Click on Print again. (Print job information will be displayed.)
Click on Print again.
Note your computer identification. (The monitor is labeled.) If you are using remote printing, enter your Network ID.
Go to the Print Release Station that you selected.
At the Print Release Station:
Click on your computer identification or Network ID. Click on Refresh if it doesn’t appear.
Click on Print Jobs.
Click on the job that you want to print.
Click on Print.
Deposit money into the machine.
Click on Print again.
Black-and-white prints cost 15¢ per page. Color prints cost 25¢ per page.
The Adult Print Release station is located outside of the public computer lab in Adult Services. The Youth Print Release station is located next to the Reference Desk in Youth Services.
PRINT FROM HOME OR YOUR LAPTOP
Remote printing is here! You can print from your laptop or home computer and pick it up in Adult Services. Click here to print.
PRINT FROM YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
To print from your phone or other mobile device, email your print job to one of the following addresses:
Free Wi-Fi access is available at the library! Use your own computer – no passwords are needed. Your computer must have wireless capability (802.11B or 802.11G Wi-Fi card). Surf the ‘net, e-mail, use the library’s online resources and download eBooks from any spot in the library. Use our remote printing service to print from your laptop.
To access the wireless connection from Windows:
- Go to Start, Connect To, Show All Connections.
- Select zbpl_hotspot. You should automatically be redirected to the Access Agreement page. If not, open your Internet browser.
- Click on “I Agree” (by doing so you agree to abide by all library policies, including the Internet Access Policy and the Behavior Policy.)
To access the wireless connection from a Mac:
- Launch your browser and it will connect with the signal.
- If it’s new signal, you’ll be prompted to connect with the hotspot.
- Click yes and you’ll be directed to the ZBPLD hotspot page.