You can search BiblioCommons at any time. If you want to check your account, though, place a hold, or use any of the other features, you have to register and create a username, a one-time process. Once you have, you can log in with your username, instead of your library card barcode number.
Registering and Creating Your Username
- Start by logging in with your library card barcode number and the default password, patron. If you created a password in the old catalog, you can use that.
- On the next page, information should already be entered. If you are not a minor, you may want to enter your birth date. If you do not, the system will assume that you are a minor, and for safety reasons, children under the age of 13 will not be able to use the private messaging features on the site.
- Next, create your username and check availability.
- If you want, enter your email address.
- Click on Register.
BiblioCommons offers a variety of features. You can rate and review items, tag items, create and post lists of items, add items to My Shelves, and send and receive messages with other catalog users. Your username is how you will be identified. If you want, however, you can adjust your settings to keep your activities private.
Customizing Your Account
- At My ZBLibrary/My Account/Account Settings, you can change your username, email address, and password. Changing your password from the default password, patron, will make your account more secure.
- The default for My Shelves is public. At My ZBLibrary/My Account/Account Settings/Privacy, you can change the settings to private.
- The default for a list is also public. When you create it, however, you can click in a box to make it private, too.
For an introduction to BiblioCommons, click on the Take a tour link at the top of the page. Other BiblioCommons videos are available on YouTube.
Questions? Ask in person, call, or use the Contact Us link at http://zblibrary.info/.