- ACE Hardware – Zion
- Advanced Disposal – Zion
- George and Sally Andersson – Zion
- Ann’s Hallmark – Zion
- Anonymous – Zion
- Benton Township – Beach Park
- Don and Sharon Bordeau, Zion Antique Mall – Zion
- Paul Bouchard – Beach Park
- Gibbie Buchholtz – Zion
- Lyle and Tara Caldara – Beach Park
- Scott Jones, President and CEO, CTCA @ MRMC – Zion*
- Jorge and Kathleen Colón – Beach Park
- Cosmo Beauty – Zion
- Robert DiVirgilio – Park Ridge
- Lee Donnenwirth – Zion
- Rumy and Wendy Driver – Zion
- Charlotte & David Engstrom – Zion
- Cheryl Fischer – Winthrop Harbor
- Bruce Fitzgerald – Zion
- Arthur E. Fossland – Winthrop Harbor
- Robert and Ellen Furtkamp – Zion
- Marilyn Goodman – Winthrop Harbor
- Grace Missionary Church – Zion
- Grand Appliance and TV – Zion
- Gregg’s Pro Shop (847.872.7660) – Zion
- Yadira Guzman – Zion
- Harbor Animal Hospital – Winthrop Harbor
- Sandra Heathcote – Winthrop Harbor
- Nann and Stevens Hilyard* – Winthrop Harbor
- Pat Hodge, Winthrop Harbor
- Stephen Howell, Howell Tax Service – Zion
- Illinois Beach Sunrise Rotary* Sponsoring the Family Reading Celebration on May 4.
- James Janus -Winthrop Harbor
- John and Janet Jones – Zion
- Meridith Jumisko – Winthrop Harbor
- Kiwanis Club of Zion-Benton*
- William and Debra Kolb – Zion
- Marilyn Krieger – Zion
- Lake County Radio Control Club – Pleasant Prairie
- Harry and Ann Larson – Zion
- La Villa Motel – Winthrop Harbor
- Dr. Patrick Matchette – Winthrop Harbor
- Maves Chiropractic Clinic – Beach Park
- Beth McLain – Winthrop Harbor
- Laurie and Mike Mercure – Beach Park
- Meyer Engineering Co. – Winthrop Harbor
- Modern Heating Co. – Beach Park
- Mt. Olivet Memorial Park* – Zion
- Beverly Mull – Zion
- Randy Nebel, State Farm Insurance – Zion
- Nu Glo Cleaning – Zion
- Our Lady of Humility Women’s Club – Beach Park
- Genevra Ower – Zion
- Chuck and Lee Paxton – Zion
- Piggly Wiggly #102 – Zion
- John and Debbie Potocek – Zion
- Esther Poulsen – Zion
- Terry and Kathy Printz – Winthrop Harbor
- Chris Redic, State Farm Insurance – Winthrop Harbor
- Tom Rich – Zion
- Roger Ritzman – Wheaton
- Roger J. Schwab Plumbing, Inc. – Beach Park
- Jan Suthard – Winthrop Harbor
- Philip and Sandy Tobin – Wadsworth
- Parul Upadhyay – Winthrop Harbor
- Valeri Auto Body, Winthrop Harbor
- Mary Rose Williams – Beach Park
- Judith Wilkes – Beach Park
- Zion Area Chamber of Commerce – Zion
- Frank Misureli, Zion-Benton News/Kenosha News – Zion
- Zion School District 6 – Zion
- Zion Woman’s Club – Zion
* Program Sponsor
Partners in Reading
75 years ago a group of community-minded citizens determined that Zion needed a public library. After two years of planning and fundraising, the Zion Memorial Library opened in March, 1937. Books and magazines were the stock in trade.
We’ve come a long way since 1937! The library district serves a diverse community of 42,000. Information now comes in many forms besides print. ZBPL offers 24/7 access to electronic resources – car repair, genealogy, encyclopedias, and more. You can download magazines and music. You can get a book in regular print, large print, as a CD or an MP3, or an e-book download.
The library is a community gathering place. More than 200,000 people came through the doors last year. Of those, more than 9,500 came to attend library programs like
- LibraryPalooza, the annual celebrate-the-library event in September
- Holiday music in the lobby with local musicians
- Wednesday Explorers – after-school adventure and discovery clubs
- Author visits for adults, teens, and kids
- Literacy tutoring and GED preparation
- Computer classes in English and Spanish
- Storytimes for toddlers and preschoolers
- After-school homework help
- Genealogy research assistance
Your gift to the PARTNERS IN READING annual campaign makes these and other programs possible.
- $35.00 buys craft supplies for a storytime unit or a Wednesday after-school club.
- $75.00 provides paperback books for children who complete their summer reading club contracts.
- $125.00 underwrites the speaker fee for a Lifelong Learning program.
- $350.00 underwrites the performer’s fee for a Family Program.
- $750.00 purchases a laptop computer for tutoring and skills training.
Your gift will be acknowledged in the library newsletter, on our website in our weekly eNews and on our social media sites.
Since our founding in 1937 the library has attained and maintained its services and programs with the generous support of the community.
We are counting on you this year – and we appreciate your support.