- The information in this Notice applies to the Election for Library Trustees at the Consolidated Election schedule for April 6, 2021
- Per consultation with the Lake County Clerk’s Office – due to the Holiday period Objections will be taken on the following dates.
Tuesday, December 22: 10am-4pm
Wednesday, December 23: 10am – 4pm
Monday, December 28: 10am – 4pm
Tuesday, December 29: 10am – 4pm
- For additional information regarding Objections please see the State Board of Elections website. www.elections.il.gov or contact the Lake County Clerk’s Office.
Notice of Procedure for Objections to Nominating Papers
Notice to trustee candidates about filing procedures
ZION-BENTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
- The information in this Notice applies to candidates for Library Trustee at the Consolidated Election scheduled for April 6, 2021.
- Library Trustee Candidates may file candidate petitions at the Zion-Benton Public Library, 2400 Gabriel Avenue, Zion, Illinois on the following dates and times:
- Monday December 14, 2020 through Thursday, December 17, 2020 between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.;
- Monday December 21, 2020 between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Levy Ordinance 20/21-O-X, “LEVYING TAXES FOR CORPORATE PURPOSES FOR THE CURRENT FISCAL YEAR COMMENCING JULY 1, 2020 and ENDING ON JUNE 30, 2021 FOR ZION-BENTON PUBLIC LIBRARY DISTRICT, LAKE COUNTY, ILLINOIS
Notice is hereby given that the Budget and Finance Committee of the Zion-Benton Public Library District will meet online via ZOOM at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 20, 2020. Follow link for agenda: https://zblibrary.info/agendas/
Click here to view the Combined Budget and Appropriation Ordinance for the Zion-Benton Public Library.
Zion-Benton Public Library District Board of Trustees Opening
We will have 3 seats for the Board of Trustees open for the consolidated election on April 21, 2021. These seats are for a full six-year term ending in April 2027. The seven-person Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall operations of the library by approving budgets and setting policies. Time commitments include monthly board meetings and occasional committee meetings as well as generally advocating for the Library within the community.
Candidate packets may be picked up during normal business hours (Monday – Thursday, 10 AM – 4 PM) from now until December 21, 2020, excluding holidays and closings (10/12/2020, 11/3/2020, & 11/26/2020).
To be eligible, a candidate must be: a registered voter, have resided in the Library District for at least one year before filing their petition for nomination, not be delinquent in paying real estate taxes or have other indebtedness to the Library District, not have a conviction for any felony or infamous crime.
Candidate nomination petitions must include at least 50 signatures from registered voters who reside within the Library District and a receipt from the County Clerk indicating that a Statement of Economic Interests has been filed for this office. Petitions may be filed between Monday, December 14, 2020 at 10 AM and Monday, December 21, 2020 at 5 PM at the Library’s Administration Offices.
Election information can be found at the Lake County Clerk’s website at http://www.countyclerk.lakecountyil.gov. For more information, please contact Assistant Library Director, Mollie Brumbaugh at 847-872-4680, ext. 109.
Notice is hereby given that the President and Board of Trustees of the Zion-Benton Public Library District will hold a special meeting at 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 18, 2020, online via Zoom. Purpose and Agenda to come.
Meeting ID: 860 9401 5634
Notice is hereby given that the Budget and Finance Committee of the Zion-Benton Public Library District will meet online via ZOOM at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, July 21, 2020. Click here for the agenda.
Notice is hereby given that the Finance Committee of the Zion-Benton Public Library District will meet online via ZOOM at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, July 21, 2020. Click here for the agenda.