OCLC Lending Resumes
We will begin accepting OCLC InterLibrary Loan requests on Monday, 4/23. If you have any questions, please contact the InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Department at 847-872-4680, ext. 108.
- RBdigital eBooks & eAudiobooks
- RBdigital eMagazines
New Catalog Features
- A better, faster browsing experience. The new catalog is optimized for phones and tablets, making it great for on-the-go browsing.
- Your materials will renew 3 days before they are due*, if there are no holds on the item, up to 2 times. You’ll also receive a courtesy reminder when your materials can no longer be automatically renewed.
- Choose how you receive notifications: phone call, email, and text messages are all available options.
- You can pick up materials at any of the 24 libraries within our consortium.
- Keep track of what you want to read and watch with the My Lists feature, or opt-in to save your checkout history to revisit old favorites.
- You can see a map of where other items are located if our copy is checked out with the Map It feature.
- When you have overdue items, you can get an estimate on how much you owe with the fine estimator.
- Change the catalog to another language to make searching easier for non-English users.
New Checkout Policies
The following changes will take effect on Tuesday, April 17:
- Library Card Required for all Checkouts
- Check out up to 50 items* per card. Certain item type limits still apply.
- Limit of 1 video game per account.
- Limit of 1 American Girl Doll Kit per account.
- Limit of 1 laptop per account, age 16 and up. Laptops are for in-house use only.
- Borrowing limits for downloadable materials are set by our service providers and are not affected by our policy changes.
- Almost all items* will renew automatically 2 times, if other patrons do not have a hold on them.
- Excludes in-house use only items
- Excludes HOT PICKS and NEW ITEMS
- Two-day grace period for all overdue items
- New items* will be hold-able exclusively to Zion-Benton patrons for their first four months in the collection.
- Excludes HOT PICKS materials, which are browse-only
- Loan periods times will remain the same.
- Fees & Fines will remain the same
How do I access the new catalog?
How do I reset my password?
From “My Account” click on “Forgot my Password” under where you would enter your library card number and password. In the CHANGE PASSWORD box, enter your library card number and click “Submit.” Follow the instructions in the email you receive. If this does not work, you may not have an email address on file. Please contact us or call the Circulation Desk at 847.872.4680, ext. 3, during library hours.
How do I search for electronic items?
Use the dropdown menu to the far left of the search bar (where the default shows Zion-Benton Public Library) to select eBooks & eAudiobooks. Then type a keyword, title, author, or subject in the search bar and click Search.
I keep getting an error message when I try to download an item from Recorded Books.
Make sure you have a Recorded Books OneClickDigital account set up. You can create one here or by clicking the link at the bottom of the download pop-up window. Make sure you are entering your username and password correctly. The username is case-sensitive. To check your username, log in to Recorded Books OneClickDigital from your browser.
How can I increase the text size in the library catalog?
You can change the text size using the following methods:
- Change your monitor’s display to a lower resolution.
- Increase the font and image size as needed by using your browser’s zoom feature. For most browsers CTRL+ will enlarge the text and CTRL- will shrink it.
- Set an absolute font size in your browser’s options menu.