The Board of Trustees recognizes that continuing education and participation in the extended library world is important to their effective governance of the library.
Expenses for professional association membership and reimbursement for expenses incurred for training and meetings will be reimbursed to the extent that the budget permits and policy allows.
- Reimbursement will be made according to applicable policies only when attendance/participation has been approved following this procedure:
- Complete a Meeting Request form and e-mail to the Board President with a copy to the Library Director.
- If the request is approved the Director will complete the event registration.
- Complete a Request for Reimbursement form, attach appropriate receipts, and submit it to the Administrative Office by the Monday before the second Tuesday for payment with the monthly bills.
- Write a report summarizing the class or event for inclusion in the monthly board packet.
The Board President will maintain a record of what trustees have attended and of expenses. The Board President may deny a meeting request if, in his/her judgment, the library would be better represented by another trustee or if the budget cannot afford the expense.