The library will provide community space to support individuals and groups. Such space includes, but is not limited to:
- Community tables.
- Community bulletin boards.
- Group study rooms.
- Meeting rooms.
- Has first priority for use of facilities.
- Does not deny use on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, political affiliation, or physical limitation.
- Does not endorse or guarantee any position expressed by anyone using the facilities.
- Will provide basic set up for programs, events, and displays.
- May charge a fee for use.
- May deny requests for use or suspend privileges in accordance with policies and procedures.
Individuals and groups:
- Will reserve space through the library’s online reservation system or a staff member.
- Will be considerate of library patrons and activities, will not disrupt or conflict with normal operations or services, and will not interfere with patrons who are entering, using, or leaving the library.
- Will provide adequate adult supervision of minors at all times.
- May not charge an admission fee.
- May not imply library endorsement.
- May not use the library as a contact point.
- Assume risk for damage or theft of items and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Zion-Benton Public Library District for any and all accidents.
- Are responsible for setup beyond what the library provides and agree to leave facilities clean and orderly, avoid serving items that are likely to stain furniture or carpeting, provide a knowledgeable operator for any equipment requested, and reimburse the library for any damages that occur.
- Will ensure that attendees comply with all library policies and procedures, and will conform to all local, state and federal laws, to applicable Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements, to all health department regulations and to all fire and safety regulations, including maintaining unobstructed exits and open aisle space.
- May appeal a denied request by submitting a written appeal to the Director within thirty days of the denial. The library board will hear the appeal at the next regularly scheduled board meeting.
Adopted 03/24/15, Reviewed 4/24/18