The Board of Library Trustees of the Zion-Benton Public Library District strives to maintain a safe and secure environment for Library Staff and Patrons. In pursuit of that goal, video surveillance of library property may be used.
Video surveillance records are the sole property of the Zion-Benton Library District.
The library’s video surveillance policy is as follows:
- Cameras may be positioned to survey public areas.
- Signage disclosing use of video surveillance will be posted.
- Video surveillance may be used to help identify person(s) who have violated library policies or help safeguard library operations.
- Video surveillance will be monitored by authorized library staff.
- Images may be shared with staff from time to time to assist staff in identifying persons suspended from library property and to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Video surveillance records may be used to assist law enforcement agencies in accordance with applicable laws.