INTRODUCING THE SANDBOX
Our makerspace is now called The Sandbox and our motto is: Explore. Create. Do.
We are located in the Information Services Department of the library where the old computer lab used to be.
The Sandbox is open during programs. Please scroll to see all the programming offered.
The Sandbox is open to all ages. Please scroll to see programs and the appropriate age.
January & February
All activities are for grades 6-12. You may drop in anytime between 4:30pm-7pm
- Love Rocks Painting-February 14
- Candy Wrapper Pouch-February 21
- Mardi Gras Bead Mosaic-February 28
MAKE IT MONDAYS
Programs are open to students in grades 3-6. Younger children must be accompanied by an adult.
- DIY Slime Stress Balls-February 18 | 4pm-6pm
- DIY Slime Stress Ball-February 25 | 12:30pm-2:30pm
- DIY Lego Figurines-March 4 | 4pm-6pm
- DIY Lego Figurines-March 11| 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Spring Shrinky Dinks-March 18 |4pm-6pm
Invent like Edison, create like Kandinsky, and use your noodle like Newton. Tinker Tuesday offers fun activities for kids and adults working together in our makerspace-The Sandbox. You will have the chance to explore, experiment and invent. For children in Pre-K through 2nd grade. Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/zbkids for program specifics.
Every Tuesday at 4pm-5:30pm
These programs are open to adults aged 18 and up. All programs require pre-registration and they fill up fast. Programs are Mondays from 6:30-8pm. Please register here.
- Valentine Day Hoop Art-Febrary 11
- Easter Book Page Bunting-March 11
- Mindful Origami-March 25