INTRODUCING THE SANDBOX
Our makerspace is now called The Sandbox and our motto is: Explore. Create. Do.
We are located in the Information Services Department of the library where the old computer lab used to be.
The Sandbox is open during programs. Please scroll to see all the programming offered.
The Sandbox is open to all ages. Please scroll to see programs and the appropriate age.
March & April
All activities are for grades 6-12. You may drop in anytime between 4:30pm-7pm
- Lego Maniacs-March 28th at 1-5:30pm
- DIY Squishies-April 4, 11, 18
MAKE IT MONDAYS
Programs are open to students in grades 3-6. Younger children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Perler Beads | April 1 @4-6pm
- Peeps Diorama | April 15 @4-6pm
- Oil Spill STEM Challenge | April 22 @12:30-2:30pm
- Fluffy Slime | April 29 @4-6pm
- May 20 @12:30-2:30pm
- June 3 @1-3pm
- How to Make a Crater | June 17 @1-3pm
- Galactic Squishies | June 24 @1-3pm
Invent like Edison, create like Kandinsky, and use your noodle like Newton. Tinker Tuesday offers fun activities for kids and adults working together in our makerspace-The Sandbox. You will have the chance to explore, experiment and invent. For children in Pre-K through 2nd grade. Check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/zbkids for program specifics.
Every Tuesday at 4pm-5:30pm
These programs are open to adults aged 18 and up. All programs require pre-registration and they fill up fast. Programs are Mondays from 6:30-8pm. Please register here.
- Jewelry Making | April 8
- 3D Flower Art | May 6
- Hot Air Balloon Button Art | May 20
- Sumi-e & Suminagashi Japanese Ink | June 3
- Fun with Air-Dry Clay | June 17