Programs in The Sandbox are for teens in grades 6-12, but some programs are open to kids in grade 5 and others are even open to adults! Check the current calendar for program dates and age ranges.
Free for girls in 6th-12th grade.
January 13, February 10, March 10
Lunch will be served.
Registration required. Please register here.
Imagine as I’m pacing the stacks of the library corridor, I can’t help but to hear… a scream! You’re invited to the doomed wedding of the year. There will be tears, there will be food, and there will be a murder! Escape the wedding reception room before you’re next.
Join the Resistance Teen Book Discussion Group
Do you like to read and discuss books? Do you like free ice cream or coffee? Join the Resistance, a teen book club that meets at Callie’s Coffee Bar at the Inn at Market Square. Call 847.872.4680, ext. 119 for more information.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018 – City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie Anderson
Please visit the Sandbox to pick up your free copy of the book
Callie’s Coffee inside Market Square Hotel (across from It’s All Good)
The Makerspace is Getting a New Name!
We are located in the Information Services Department of the library where the old computer lab used to be. In The Hive, you’ll find a 3D printer, art supplies of all kinds, jewelry making supplies, electronic circuitry boards, and so much more.
- Monday-Thursday- 2:00-8:00pm
The Sandbox is open to patrons is grades 6 through 12 and adults. Patrons in grades K-5 may attend programs with Miss Garnet.
- Please see January, February, and March Calendar times
- January 2 & 3: Fidget Spinners
- January 9 & 10: Emoji erasers and slime
- January 16 & 17: Construction
- January 23 & 24: 3D Printing: Pokeball & backpack keychain
- January 30 & 31: Sewing
- Thursdays-Open Art-Stop in any time to use our art supplies
- Grades 6-12
- Art Café with Shoshanna – Stop in to learn a new art technique. Snacks will be served. Saturdays from 1-4 PM
- January 6: Bleeding Art
- January 20: DIY Mugs
- February 3: Melted Crayon
- February 17: Notebook art
- March 3: Wall Décor
- March 17: Yarn Paining