FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
Any person requesting records may do so in writing to a FOIA Officer via e-mail or U.S. Mail (c/o FOIA). The request should specify the documents wanted. Records to be certified must be specifically indicated in the request. Fees are to be paid at the time of the request.
The Zion-Benton Public Library District is a unit of Local Government, incorporated and organized under the laws of the State of Illinois for the purpose of providing its residents with the following services:
- Providing for effective and cost-efficient day-to-day operation of the library; planning for future library operations, programs and services and district growth.
- Providing adequate and attractive physical facilities, which are adaptable to changing technological and community needs and which facilitate the provision of quality library service.
- Adequately staffing all library facilities with competent, well-training personnel; providing efficient, high quality service to the community; providing and organizing library materials (both print and non-print) which enhance the library’s collection and meet community needs and interests.
- Encouraging use of the library by establishing and promoting programs and services which meet the informational needs of the district’s various communities of interest.
The approximate amount of the FY 22.23 operating budget is $2,355,000. The District currently employs approximately 40 full and part time employees.
The District’s office is located at 2400 Gabriel Ave., Zion, IL 60099.
The members of the Board of Trustees are: Amy Onan, Suriyya Latif, Takeisha Adams, Barbara M. Price, Mary Martin, Michelle Hartmann, & Mike Jaworek.
Members of the standing committees are:
- Executive Committee: Amy Onan (chair), Suriyya Latif, Takeisha Adams, and Mary Martin.
- Finance Committee: Takeisha Adams (chair), Suriyya Latif, Mary Martin, and Amy Onan.
- Strategic Planning Committee: Amy Onan (chair), Takeisha Adams, Suriyya Latif, and Barbara Price.
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee: Suriyya Latif (chair), Mary Martin, Takeisha Adams, Amy Onan.
- Policy Review Committee: Barbara M, Price (chair), Takeisha Adams, Michelle Hartmann, Mike Jaworek, and Amy Onan.
- Facilities Committee: Takeisha Adams (chair), Michelle Hartmann, Mike Jaworek, and Amy Onan.
- Decennial Committee: All Board Members.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Public Act 097-0609 requires the library to list all employees whose total compensation package exceeds $75,000. The list, based on the 2023.2024 Budget, is available in PDF format here: Compensation_Posting_2024