Book A Pro
Would you like a personal introduction to resources available at the library? Need more time with a librarian to get some personalized 1 on 1 assistance? Use this form to Book a Librarian!
The Book-a-Pro sessions are tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. A library staff member will give undivided attention to customers who want in-depth technical assistance on topics such as starting an email account, browsing the library’s catalog, downloading e-books and audiobooks, searching the Internet, using online resources through the library’s website, or other computer basics.
Other, non-technical topics are also available for Book-a-Pro sessions, including personalized help with a research project or helping you discover new books and authors that match your taste and interests.
Please allow 1-2 business days for a response, especially when submitting questions over the weekend.
**at this time due to Covid safety measures for both staff and patrons, in-person sessions are only available as needed, when remote assistance options are exhausted.
Topics of Inquiry:
Job and Career Assistance
Library Website and eResources
FAQ – or – How does the Book-a-Pro service work?
1. Who is eligible to make an appointment?
This service is available to all patrons.
2. Is there anything I can’t get help with?We cannot offer advice (e.g., medical, legal, investment) except to advise users of reputable sources of evaluative information. Also, we cannot offer troubleshooting or maintenance help with personal computers or mobile devices. We cannot offer help with taxes.
3. Do you offer help with job searches, resume assistance, and career support?
We are happy to show you how to use our career and job resources, assist with basic resume creation and help you explore a variety of job search and professional networking web sites, as well as local resources.
4. Do you offer any instruction with computers or other technology topics?
For basic topics (e.g., email, mouse skills, Internet basics, managing files and folders), you can make a one-on-one appointment with a librarian, based on availability.
5. Do you provide help with genealogy research?
We have a number of resources available and are happy to let you know about them to help you get started.
6. Who will be helping me?
We look at your appointment request and determine the best person on our staff to meet with you based on expertise and availability.
7. How long will the appointment be?
Appointments usually last 30-60 minutes. If more time is needed you may schedule another appointment.
8. How do I make an appointment?
Complete the form above with as much information as possible or call the Adult Services Department at
847-872-4680. We will get in touch with you to confirm the appointment as soon as possible. Two to three days advance notice is preferred.
9. I need to cancel my appointment. What’s the best way to do this?
No problem — just call the Adult Services Department at 847-872-4680 as soon as you can. We can reschedule your appointment.
10. Are there other ways to get help from a librarian?
Yes, you can always stop by the library during our hours of operation and ask for assistance. You can also call us at 847-872-4680, email us at email@example.com, or chat with us through our website.