The Zion-Benton Public Library District seeks an energetic self-starter who enjoys physically active work, finding patterns, putting order to chaos, tidying up, searching for hard to find items, and helping people.
The person in this position is a team player who:
- Contributes to a welcoming environment for library users.
- Sorts returned items by type and classification on sorting room shelves and on book trucks.
- Determines priority for shelving according to established guidelines.
- Re-shelves sorted materials to their proper places.
- Looks for and retrieves items as requested.
- Picks up stray items left on tables, stack-end carts, and ends of shelves and returns them to the sorting room before closing.
- Shelf-reads as assigned.
- Contributes to the appearance of the library by picking up scrap paper, pencils, etc.
- Brings damaged items to the attention of circulation staff.
- Responds to simple directional questions from patrons.
- Shifts collections as directed.
- May assist with delivery to Traveling Library patrons.
- Uses existing and learns new and emerging technologies.
- Attends and participates in staff, department, and other job-related meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English. Spanish language abilities preferred.
- Alpha-numeric recognition skills.
- Ability to use basic office equipment, including a computer, tablet, or similar device.
- Well-developed oral communication skills.
This is a part time 8-12 hours/week, non-exempt position. Schedule requires day, evening, and/or weekend hours and may include off site work. Starts at $10.00 per hour depending on qualifications.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume by Friday, February 10th to Paula Pavelski at firstname.lastname@example.org with Shelver in the subject line.
Click here for the full Shelving Assistant job description in PDF format.
Maintenance & Security Supervisor
Download the full job description here.
Full Time – Exempt
Hours to include days, evenings and weekends
Deadline to apply: January 27, 2017
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please include Maintenance and Security Supervisor in the subject line.