Jobs at ZB Library
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. The Library provides equal employment opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military or veteran status, genetic information, order of protection status, or any other characteristic that is protected under applicable law.
Job Openings: Applications and resumes are accepted for posted positions only. Download and complete a job application here. You will need Adobe Acrobat to open, fill out and save the completed job application. Please subscribe to our eNews for any announcements on future openings.
Youth Services Programming and Events Librarian
The Youth Services Department of the Zion-Benton Public Library District seeks an energetic individual with a passion for libraries, literacy, people and programming. Applicants must be able to connect with people at all skill and education levels in a highly diverse community to promote a love of reading and learning.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, requires evenings and weekend hours
Compensation: Pay range is $20.07 – $29.80 per hour, depending on qualifications
Click here for the full job description: Youth Services Programming and Events Librarian FT 3.22.2023
The Zion-Benton Public Library is looking for a calming force with a love for people, especially people who visit the public library regularly. Join our engaged, enthusiastic staff as we start the strategic planning process, showcase our resources, and spread library love far and wide. You will take the lead on all matters of conduct, redirect energy as needed, document incidents of note, and reach out to authorities when required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Patrol and monitor library
- Supervise the library’s After School Program and serve snacks daily
- Engage with difficult or irate adult and youth patrons and de-escalate situations
- Remove banned patrons from premises by non-physically confrontational means
- Work directly with local law enforcement
- Be able to navigate CCTV system
- Write incident reports in electronic log system
- Assist with room set ups
- Light janitorial duties
- May serve as person-in-charge as assigned
Hours: Part-time, 16 hours per week Evenings, weekends as needed to provide security coverage for routine services and special programs.
Compensation: Starting at $13.20 per hour. Experience is a factor in the starting range
Click here for the full job description: 2022.10.11 Security Monitor Job Description
Benefits of Working Here
The Library employs both full and part-time employees. All employees have the opportunity to be part of work environment that:
- Recognizes the value of every employee’s position
- Appreciates friendly, supportive colleagues
- Values work-life balance
- Provides professional development opportunities
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Days and Holidays
- IMRF Retirement Plan, 457 Plan, and Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Pro-rated Personal Time Off
- Paid Pro-rated Bereavement Leave
- Regular schedule
- Opportunities for extra hours
Looking for a new job and planning to work on your resume? JobNow can help! With JobNow, you’ll be able to access help from live, online coaches, as well as interview tips and career resources. All you need is your library card! Create an account and then download the app for assistance on the go.