Interested in working at the Zion-Benton Public Library? This page lists current job openings at the Library. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view PDFs on this page online.
In addition to employment opportunities, you will find career services resources listed at ALA JobList and Career Resource Center, which include career development information; job-seeking tips; links to job ads, selected articles, and current news; and more.
Youth Services Part-Time Associate/Assistant II
The Youth Services Department of the Zion-Benton Public Library District seeks an energetic individual with a passion for libraries, literacy, children and families. Applicants must pride themselves on connecting with people at all skill levels in a highly diverse community to promote a love of reading and learning.
The person in this position is an outgoing, team player who will:
- Provide reference, information, and reader services to children and their caregivers
- Respond to patron requests for games, toys, activities, and resources
- Monitor the youth services department to maintain a safe and clean space
- Provide support that enables patrons at all levels to understand and use technology, products and services
- Assist youth services staff to implement programs and services for children and families
- Assist youth services staff to perform ongoing collection development duties
Qualifications and attributes include:
- Proven ability to connect with children and families of varying demographics and developmental needs
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and calmly handle busy environments
- An interest in children’s books, movies, technology and pop culture
- Finesse using a variety of technologies including computers, devices, e-resources, and apps
- Professional demeanor with positive, inclusive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English (Spanish a plus!)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have reliable transportation
This is a part time (16 hour/week) position. Schedule requires evening and weekend hours. Pay rate is $14/hour. Submit letter of interest and resume to Garnet Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org with Youth Services PT Associate in the subject line. Deadline to submit: Monday, June 4, 2018
ZB Library is an equal opportunity employer.