Interested in working at the Zion-Benton Public Library? This page lists current job openings at the Library. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view PDFs on this page online.
In addition to employment opportunities, you will find career services resources listed at ALA JobList and Career Resource Center, which include career development information; job-seeking tips; links to job ads, selected articles, and current news; and more.
Job Title: School Liaison Librarian
Do you love connecting with students and teachers? Do you excel at promoting literacy and learning resources outside the walls of the library? Are you outgoing, engaging and creative? If so, consider adding your skills to the dynamic team at the Zion-Benton Public Library. The Youth Services team at ZBPL transforms lives by providing resources, programs and services to children & families that expand their horizons and inform their lives.
The position focuses on the development and implementation of outreach and programming promoting the relationships between the Library and area schools and students (preK-6th).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate outreach and services to students, schools, preschools, daycares and homeschoolers in the district
- Initiate, develop, and maintain close working relationships with school librarians and teachers
- Coordinate field trips to the library and schedule classroom visits
- Plan and present informative programs
- Promote library resources and programs through PR and marketing
- Assist with library story times and implement literacy programs
- Perform collection management responsibilities in assigned areas
- Provide reference, information and reader services to children and adults
- Organize and run a meal program for youth in the summers
Education and Experience:
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited school or Master’s degree in related field required
- Experience working in a school or public library preferred
- Experience working with children, caregivers and families preferred
- Fluency in Spanish language is preferred
This is a full time position with paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal time, insurance and retirement benefits. Schedule requires day, evening and weekend hours. Starting pay range: $32,818 to $48,730.
To see a full job description, click the following link: Youth Services School Liaison Librarian Full Listing
Deadline to submit resume, letter of interest and three professional references: Wed. November 21st by 5:00PM. Send to Garnet Miller, Youth Services Coordinator to email@example.com.
Zion-Benton Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.