Interested in working at the Zion-Benton Public Library? This page lists current job openings at the Library. You will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view PDFs on this page online.
In addition to employment opportunities, you will find career services resources listed at ALA JobList and Career Resource Center, which include career development information; job-seeking tips; links to job ads, selected articles, and current news; and more.
Title: IT Associate II
Reports to: Assistant Director
Jobs Supervised: None
Schedule: Full-time 37.5 hours, Non-Exempt. Hours vary but may include evenings and weekends.
Wage: Starting between $32,818.50 -$40,774.50 per year, experience is a factor in the starting range
Nature and Scope of Position:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, with latitude for independent judgment and decision making, is responsible for the operations of the IT/Network Infrastructure and public and staff computing. The person in this position is a team player that has a passion for libraries, technology, and the people who use them.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary technology contact for routine maintenance for library equipment, troubleshooting, updates, projects, and equipment/program evaluation, relating to hardware, software, phones, and equipment.
- Provides desktop support.
- Analyzes reported issues, trends, problems, and feedback to simplify staff and patron’s use of library computers and equipment, and to identify educational opportunities.
- Manages equipment inventory and tracks technology expenditures. Prepares budget for short and long term needs.
- Works with IT vendor on purchasing, projects, and other technology issues.
- Liaisons with Library’s Network Vendor on a day-to-day basis to assist in reporting and managing submitted tickets.
- Implements weekly and monthly maintenance plan.
- Trains staff on technology.
- Creates and maintains a welcoming environment for library users.
- May develop and deliver group and individual computer and technology based classes/trainings both at the library and at various offsite locations.
- May serve in a rotation to staff the Information Services, Creation Space, and Youth Services desks.
- Uses existing and learns new and emerging technologies. Identifies, explores, and evaluates technology trends.
- Promotes the library district through outreach and by using good public relations practices
- Identifies, develops, creates, and analyzes statistical reports as appropriate.
- Serves as person-in-charge as assigned.
- Participates in staff, department, and other professional (system, consortium, and community) meetings related to job responsibilities, as assigned.
Performs other duties, as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including up to Windows 10 and Office 2016, the Internet, and email; background in computer network experience in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Knowledge of technology security best practices.
- Working knowledge of web development, experience with WordPress a plus.
- Ability to disassemble, move, and set up the components of a desktop computer.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to manage and prioritized multiple tasks.
- Experience providing group and one-on-one technology instruction.
- Professional demeanor and a team player.
- Strong ability to adapt to and effectively implement change.
- Well-developed oral communications skill.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to give and receive instructions in English.
- Alpha-numeric recognition skill.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Requires full range of motion, including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods.
- Requires bending, stooping, and reaching to retrieve library materials.
- Must have manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to move materials or operate automated equipment.
- Must be able to lift computers, printers, boxes of books, paper, or other items weighing up to 75 lbs.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in computer science, technology, or related field or equivalent combination of education and working experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is a plus.
- Certifications obtained within IT field is preferred.
- Schedule will include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience working in a public library preferred.
Position open-till-filled. To apply please submit a resume, letter of interest and three professional references to Mollie Brumbaugh email@example.com.
Zion-Benton Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.